Robert P. MontgomeryOf Counsel
Mr. Montgomery is a former partner of the firm who assumed a position as Of Counsel in 2005. Mr. Montgomery continues to practice law in the areas of criminal defense, civil rights, personal injury, and appellate procedures. Over his career, Mr. Montgomery has successfully handled numerous jury trials, including multiple murder acquittals and dismissals.
- State v. Tjernagel, 2017 WL 108291. Iowa Court of Appeals reversed our client’s conviction for sexual abuse in the second degree by finding her prior counsel was ineffective for failing to object to impermissible testimony during her first trial.
- Dubuque County Case No. FECR104008. Client was charged with Murder in the First Degree. After taking depositions of several key witnesses, the State dismissed the charge against our client.
- Kyle Ray v. Robert Purdy and Des Moines County, Iowa, United States District Court, Southern District of Iowa Case No. 3:11-cv-00080. Client filed a civil rights action under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983 against a Scott County Deputy for the misuse of his X-26 taser and, shortly thereafter, successfully settled his claim, with other grievances, for $80,000.00.
- State v. Smith, 761 N.W.2d 63 (Iowa 2009)
- Estate of Jillene Long v. Broadlawns Medical Center, 656 N.W.2d 71 (Iowa 2002)
- Morris-Rosdail v. Schechinger, 576 N.W.2d 609 (Iowa App. 1998)
- State v. Swartz, 541 N.W.2d 533 (Iowa App. 1995)